Thursday, July 3, 2008

Two steps forward, one step back

I swear, if I hear one more pediatrician uses the phrase "tincture of time" - I will scream. This is medical-ese for where we're at with little Noah... it's simply a waiting game at this point. The good news is that he is stable, he is finished with his course of antibiotics and therefore no longer needs any IVs. The not-so-fun part is that we are just waiting for his lungs to strengthen up from the effects of the meconium aspiration - and there's no real timeline for when this may happen. Patience has never been my strong suit, and J. and I hope it's not too much longer until we can bring him home.

Some recent photos:

Thinking back over the course of this week - I have no idea what day this was, but it was the first day I could nurse him. He finished eating, stuck his fingers in his mouth, opened his eyes and looked up at me as if to say, "Where have you been, mom?"
On Tuesday, the nurses put him in clothes for the first time! At first, he was not too thrilled...
Snuggling with Daddy on Wednesday... and IV free!
Today was a frustrating day... we thought we might get to bring him home on Saturday, but he had a little setback overnight. He was back on the canula this morning, and now the latest estimate for discharge is Monday at the earliest.
He purses his little lips just like Lily did when she was teeny.

No comments: